Instructor: Rev. Kevin Curtis, M.S., M.A.
The Basic Science of Essential Oils Course Syllabus
Science of Essential Oils is a Certification and CE science course designed to present a detailed analysis of the Chemistry and Biology of essential oils. The role essential oils play in supporting wellness. Chemical constituent and their biological role are discussed in the class.
The Science of Essential Oils course will provide students with the opportunity to study the major components of this science, including:
- Basic Chemistry
- Basic Biochemistry
- Plant metabolism
- Secondary metabolites
By the completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Differentiate subatomic particles.
- Describe basic chemistry reactions.
- Classify major biochemical products.
- Describe basic photosynthetic products.
- Distinguish between primary and secondary metabolism.
- Differentiate key constituents of essential oils.
- Determine the function of essential oils.
- Categorize essential oil modes of action.
Handbook of Lecture slides will be provided.